Chronic Kidney Disease
Do You Live With Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)?
CKD is a type of kidney disease in which there is gradual loss of kidney function over a period of time. Kidneys play a key role in bone and heart health, as well as in the balance of acid and alkaline in your body.
Taking the right steps can delay the progression of kidney function loss and other health related complications. Whether you are newly diagnosed or a long-term kidney patient, we can help you find the information or support you need to manage your health and make decisions that support your goals.
Aloha Kidney was founded to help people in Hawai'i with CKD learn how to support their health and wellness. For information regarding Aloha Kidney classes, such as weekly topics and enrollment to their FREE online series, please visit alohakidney.com.
Attending just one or two classes have made differences for individuals. Attending the entire series is beneficial in understanding kidney function, kidney health, overall well-being and options when the kidneys fail. Each class in the six-class series, can stand alone and they each offer valuable information on the individual topics presented. Hear what attendees of the Aloha Kidney classes are saying:
Aloha Kidney class attendees
"Dr. Wong is exceptional and her classes helped me make better food choices."
"The well-organized slides and diagrams make it easy to follow."
"Dr. Wong showed authenticity and genuine care."
"Dr. Wong emphasized the recurring theme of being the CEO of your own body."
Many mentioned they were able to utilize teachings from the Aloha Kidney classes and were more mindful of what they consumed. They expressed gratitude for Dr. Wong for putting on the class and for UHA for bringing it to their attention.
One member, who only attended maybe one to two classes, was so excited when she called to inform me that her labs were back to normal after incorporating Dr. Wong’s teachings in her everyday life.
Aloha Kidney resources
- UHA Health Care Services - (808) 532-4006
- National Kidney Foundation of Hawaii: Local Events and Community Programs
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Healthy Eating Tips and How a Dietitian or Nutritionist Can Help
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases: Coping with Diabetic Kidney Disease
- CDC: Recommended Vaccines for Adults with Kidney Disease
- Queens Medical Center: Queens Medical Center Kidney Transplant Program
- Dialysis and Kidney Health Class
- National Kidney Foundation: Kidney Disease and COVID-19