Howard K. F. Lee
President and Chief Executive Officer
Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer
George O. McPheeters, MD
Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
Performance Improvement Committee (PIC)
In addition to the Executive Staff above, the PIC includes a representative from the Physician Advisory Panel.
Board of Directors
Our Board of Directors is made up of industry leaders in the community, all with different strengths and backgrounds. Together they bring their varied expertise to make UHA a well-rounded company.
Gaylyn Li, MD
Associate Professor, John A. Burns School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Women's Health
Mark H. Yamakawa
Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer, The Queen's Health Systems
Howard K. F. Lee
President and Chief Executive Officer, UHA
Howard S. Todo
Vice President for Budget and Finance
Chief Financial Officer, University of Hawaii System
Michael R. Walsh
Vice President Finance, Queen Liliuokalani Trust
Rhoda Weiss, Ph.D.
President, Rhoda Weiss Healthcare
Consulting Group, Inc.
President and CEO, Pharmacare Hawaii
Corporate Director of Operations and Human Resources, JTB Hawaii, Inc.
Physician Advisory Panel (PAP)
The Physician Advisory Panel consists of physicians who are part of the UHA participating provider network, and who have demonstrated their expertise as physicians, medical scientists, and/or medical educators.
The panel members are nominated by UHA's Chief Medical Officer, and approved by the Board of Directors. Their main purpose is to serve as advisors. Some of their duties include developing and overseeing strategies to improve the quality of UHA's health care standards, and to review, measure and evaluate the effectiveness and performance of UHA's health care quality.
- George O. McPheeters, MD (PAP Chair) - Senior Vice President and Chief Medical Officer
- Howard K. F. Lee - President and Chief Executive Officer
- Glenn Ishikawa, MD - Medical Director
- Richard Arakaki, MD - Endocrinology
- Gloria Carlile, MD - Pediatrics
- Jonathan Cho, MD - Hematology
- Paul A. DeMare, MD - Radiation Oncology
- William Hartman, MD - Gastroenterology
- Roy O. Kamada, MD - Cardiovascular Disease
- Stephen Kemble, MD - Psychiatry
- Gaylyn Li, MD - Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Gregorio Maldini, MD - General Surgery
- Michael H. Nagoshi, MD - Internal Medicine
- James Navin, MD - Pathology
- James Scoggin, MD - Orthopedics